I just knew recently that 20th November is a Universal Children’s Day.
I quote from the United Nation page today:
“We were all children once. And we all share the desire for the well-being of our children, which has always been and will continue to be the most universally cherished aspiration of humankind.”
We the Children: End-decade review of the follow-up
to the World Summit for Children
Report of the Secretary-General (2001)
Google has been celebrating the day today I noticed when I opened it:
Children in many countries suffer from ill-health, continuous wars, under poverty, lack education and/or abused or molested.. We have a lot to do in regard to children’s well-being..
In Oman, We came a long way on the matter of children’s right, we even have a new Child Protection team in Sultan Qaboos University hospital in the capital city, Muscat and it actually does its best (with limited authority) to help children in a society so conservative and silent in many matters .
But as a person who have always been interested in childrens’ well-being, and specialised in working with children especially who are with special needs, and last but not least as a mother who is trying her best to be a good one; I can dream/pray/hope for:
- Public libraries in Oman,, for all and specifically for children and young adult
- Public parks in every city with proper facilities
- Centres for gifted children
- Public pre-schools so all children can have the privilege to explore and learn at this young age
- Specialised centres for children with special needs
- Educational/recreational public/or even private centres that target learning in fun way
- A hospital for children only
- Associations for children’s right that cover the whole country
- Trusted nurseries all over the country with high standard and run by the education sector
- and many many others.. I can go on and on with this subject
What about you?
4 رأي حول “Universal Children’s Day”
I’m all for it. I love all your reasons for wanting to make the world a better place for children.
Thank you Salma, in a perfect world such wishes won’t be difficult to achieve right 🙂
I think we need to keep creating new structures for children and taking care, protecting them, as they represent hope and our future. We should definitely strive for a better world, for them to be safe and live in peace.
Take care dear!
Thank you Marie,
You are absolutey right, how much from that is achieved that is what disappointing us